2 pieces of beef each about 1800g (this is my picture)
250 g of smoked bacon
several sprigs of rosemary
salt and coloured pepper to taste
1 glass of white wine
2 glasses of meat or vegetable broth
a few spoons of oil
- Dry the meat with a towel, then salt and sprinkle it generously with ground coloured pepper.
- tie with string to keep a nice shape during baking.
- Fry the roast from all sides in a pan. I want to keep the juices inside, which do not flow out during baking.
- Peel the onions, cut them into feathers. I put the meat on the onions, add smoked bacon, herbs, wine and broth. I cover the baking tin tightly with aluminum foil. Put it into an oven preheated to 180 degrees for about 120 minutes.
- Additional information: It is estimated that each kilogram of beef mass is 1.5 hours baked at 170 to 180 C. I discover the roast and put it out of the oven. I place it on a baking board and cut it into quite thick slices. It is cut between the strings so that everyone gets a neat piece of meat.
- Beef roast is a perfect match for white groats, Silesian noodles or potato dumplings, potatoes and colourful vegetables.